What to do in spring at Lake Garda
Spring is the best season to visit Lake Garda, the huge lake, the biggest and the most varied one in Italy.
The silhouette of this lake varies from north to south, but its landscapes and glimpses are always beautiful.
The key word to live this place in spring? Outdoor! Staying outdoor is pure pleasure, especially after the long winter. Your skin and health will thank you.
Anyway, what can you see in spring at Lake Garda? What are the places not to be missed?
Here they are, take note for your holiday!
1. Terrazza del Brivido in Tremosine
Tremosine is one of the most beautiful hamlets of Italy, sheltered on a balcony over Lake Garda. To go there, you have one chance only: Strada della Forra, the eighth wonder according to Churchill. A stunning road built in the cleft in the rock carved by the water stream Bras. You will admire the surrounding landscape from Terrazza del Brivido.
2. Picnicking at Parco delle Busatte
Torbole sul Garda is the perfect place for nature lovers: green mountains, olive groves and paths. One of the amazing paths is Busatte-Tempesta and, right at the beginning of this super panoramic path, there is a wonderful park where you can picnicking on a sunny Sunday of spring.
3. Visit to Rocca di Riva, headquarters of MAG
The suggestive Rocca di Riva is the perfect combination of history, art and nature. The outdoor park is very nice; you will enjoy a fabulous view over the lake from there. Even more exciting, the ancient castle, now headquarters of MAG – Museo Alto Garda. Inside, you can spend a rainy or colder day in spring.
4. Visit to Vittoriale degli Italiani
The Vittoriale degli Italiani is a complex of buildings, squares, streets, gardens and water streams. The great Italian poet Gabriele D’Annunzio wanted it to be built. The park, one of the most beautiful parks in Italy, is very well kept, panoramic and overlooks Lake Garda.
5. Limone and the stunning lemon groves of Garda
One of the most visited places at Garda is Limone del Garda. In Limone suggestive glimpses, the port, the streets in the old centre and the picturesque and colourful corners will amaze you! Then, the interesting and typical lemon groves… they worth a visit on a sunny day in spring!
6. One day with your partner in crime in Riva del Garda
Riva del Garda is perfect for a romantic trip. We suggest you a walk along the lakefront promenade to the old centre, where you can stop and sip spritz with a view before a candlelight dinner in one of the romantic restaurants of Riva.
7. The wonderful Parco Arciducale in Arco
In Arco there is a park full of centuries-old, exotic, rare and officinal plants. The Arboreto di Arco is a real botanic garden in the old centre of Arco! A visit there in spring will satisfy your body and mind!
8. At Monte Baldo from Malcesine by the cableway
Malcesine, with its extraordinary Scaliger castle, is one of the most suggestive places of Lake Garda. Once visited the castle, reach the bottom of Monte Baldo and take the panoramic Monte Baldo Cableway. When you get to the top, you will fall in love with this place! The view will take your breath away and the biotope in spring gives its best.
9. Markets and friends. Going shopping at Lake Garda is one of its strong points: arts&crafts markets, fruit and typical products, clothing and shoes. Every day you will have a good excuse for some shopping at Lake Garda! On Fridays, in Riva, the Coldiretti proposes local fruit, vegetables, eggs and cheese. A really good souvenir for your journey back home!
10. Cycling. Bikes scan the rhythm of spring. Leave your car and ride your bike, finally! At Lake Garda Trentino, there are so many cycle lanes to dive into nature on your bike!
Well, these are only ten things you can do at Lake Garda. Come and explore and love this magical place. Book now your 3-star hotel with swimming pool in Riva del Garda and you will remember your holiday in spring for a long long time.